Friday, December 15, 2006

7.5 Habits of a Lifelong Learner

Recently, I completed PLCMC's Learning 2.0 activity of the 7.5 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners. And to show we actually paid attention, we are asked to create a blog about the habits. So here goes.

Habit 1: Begin with the end in mind. Well, I would hope so! Are you just going to wander about?

Habit 2: Accept responsibility for your own learning. Alright, this is a toughy for me. I want to get done as soon as possible (see Habit 1) so I tend to, um, skim and skirt.

Habit 3: View problems as challenges. I really don't have anything to say about this one.

Habit 4: Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner. Well, if you say you can't do it, then you are not going to learn anything.

Habit 5: Create your own learning toolbox. This is the only one on the list that doesn't explain itself. Basically, it is all your training, sources, tricks of the trade, and whatnot.

Habit 6: Use technology to your advantage. This is the easy one for me. I like to create spreadsheets, visit websites, utilitize gadgets and programs whenever I can.

Habit 7: Teach/mentor others. To me this one goes hand-in-hand with Habit 6 since I am constantly sharing websites and articles with others.

Habit 7.5: Play. In other words, explore what's out there.

Til next time!

No comments: