Thursday, December 21, 2006

Getting Wiki Sandbox sand EVERYWHERE [grin]

Okay, folks, now we get to play around with the free-for-all section of wikis known as sandboxes. And to help us out for step #17, PLCMC created their own wiki sandbox for us to use.

At first I thought this site was nice and offered links to participants' blogs and links to useful web resources. But then I decided to add the link for the Italian Greyhound Club of America to the Favorite Animals page. I found out that these pages are just a list of "editors' " comments. Sorry, but I want more information than this. Sure, links would be nice and helpful, but I couldn't care less about what other people have to say is their favorite bands (especially those that are simply list without any other comments about them).

Perhaps I am missing the point. Perhaps the point of the sandbox is to get people familiar with wikis or to experiment on how to use them before creating havoc on a real wiki website. Then again, maybe it is simply a place to waste time.

No comments: