Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Rolling Along with Rollyo

Rollyo is a search engine builder where you can search websites you have added to your own search engine. A nice idea, but it was a little difficult to navigate. Every time I would click on a search engine that someone had created, a little window would appear with that search engine's information and a search box. The problem is, the box opens at the top of the page. If you are clicking on a search engine further down the page, you don't see this window.

Nevertheless, this is an interesting website and a nice way to search only those websites that you use and trust.

For instance, I created a search engine for information about cars. You can link to it here. However, Rollyo decided that my search engine should have the word "My" in front of it (originally, I called it Car News & Research). Why? I have no idea and it would not let me change it. Very odd and annoying.

Worse, sometimes that little window would open too close to the top of the page so half of it would be off the screen and I could not move it to access it.

Nice site, but would someone please work on the bugs? I suggest they open the search box in a new window, that would fix a lot of the problems.

No comments: