Monday, December 18, 2006

Image Generators. Cool stuff!

If you are keeping score at home, I am up to step 10 in our 23 Things program. This section was on Image Generators. Boy, there are a lot of them out there and boy are they fun!

Here are some that I had fun using:

Letter James This site lets you put limited text in some images like lights in a building, soccer player's jerseys, and my favorite, graffiti (a sample is here on this post). The only thing about Letter James is that I think it links to a for-profit site. No matter, you can still have fun with this one.

Another site that has some fun image generators is FD's Flickr Toys. In this site I made a magazine cover of my new nephew and a trading card (also here on this post--cute little stinker, isn't he?). By the way, to make sure I live long enough to open my stocking this Christmas, that is not my nephew's real name on the trading card.

The magazine cover was a little tricky. You can't put too much on one line and you can't see what the fonts are ahead of time. Plus, you can choose colors from a color wheel, but it is difficult to get the same color exactly if you are using more than one line. Not to mention you have no control over the size fonts. I didn't see the template until after I tried to generate my first attempt. Once you get the hang of it, it is a another fun image generator.

The trading card generator, on the other hand, was great fun. Too bad there isn't a way to print front and back of the cards on proper paper stock to make them as real as possible.

If you are looking for more image generators, check out The Generator Blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a few other image makers on http://www.ImageGenerator.org .

Argonaut15 said...

Hey, thanks for the link! There is some really cool stuff in here.